Monday, March 30, 2015

CANNES, ONE SHOW MERIT AWARD, ASIA ADFEST SHORTLIST

Infront of Palais des Festivals, Cannes

Sometime in your life, you have to experience Cannes. Taken infront of Palais des Festivals's main hall, where the annual Olympics of advertising, is always held. Melting pot of practically everyone who has a stake in the business. A mind-blowing and wallet draining experience. I met the rock stars of the global ad industry in person, in sessions halls, screenings, in the infamous Gutter Bar, on side streets, cafes, etc. This episode would fill up an entire book. As epic as Gone With The Wind and War and Peace.
The wire was supposed to be a hair strand coming from the sharp edge of haircutting instruments and hanged on ceilings to dramatize hair strength.
My hotel in Cannes, three blocks away from the Palais and near the train station. It was near a generic sounding bookstore, "English Bookstore" where I bought a paperback written by a famous creative director. I came back to the hotel three years after and the madame, surprisingly still remembered me. All of my 6 nights were comfortable and gave me restful sleep.
My "Stamp" ad displayed at Cannes "Creativity for Humanity" exhibition hall.
I had to fly back to Paris for my return trip to Manila. In Paris, I went to the Louvre for two straight days and took a photo of the Mona Lisa, which unfortunately I couldn't find now. Of course, I saw a lot of Impressionist painters, Renaissance artists, Michaelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Titian, Rubens, Rembrandt, Goya, modernists, etc. I saw the Notre Dame, too, bought two old paintings at the foot of a metro-Paris bridge. The experience was just overwhelming. A tourist gladly took this photo after an exhausting walk.
Berlin's Brandenburg Gate, a few steps away was our hotel where the DDB Worldwide Creative Directors Conference was being held.